I’m reluctantly accepting that summer is over…I mean, what choice do I have? Looking at fall fashion and working on my wardrobe is a welcome distraction. Each season I try to narrow it down to just a handful of “must have” pieces that I can work into my current closet. Here are 7 tems Under $200 to add to Your Wardrobe Now
1. Leopard Coat – There really is no wrong time of year to add a bit of leopard to one’s wardrobe, but it is especially perfect for the fall season. Wear this with jeans and over-the-knee boots for a casual look or dress it up with a full pleated midi skirt and ankle boots. Available at Piperlime for $159.00.
2. Classic dark leather bag – Though I think this would transition well into any season, a dark colored tote bag is a great buy for fall. I love the contrasting lining which makes it a bit more exciting than your average bag. And the bonus is that a structured tote will look good with just about any look possible, work or casual. Available at Nordstrom for $168.00.
3. Floppy Brim Fedora – I can’t decide what I like more about this hat – the color or the shape. A hat is a must here in NYC where it gets so cold in the fall/winter, but this would even be a great buy for a warmer climate. Paired with a chunky knit and boyfriend jeans or a long sleeve boho style dress, this hat has endless possibilities. And guess what? It’s only $29! Available at Zara.
4. Oxfords – Menswear has been a big trend in fashion for a few seasons, and it’s certainly not going anywhere this fall. These cute patent leather oxfords balance feminine and masculine quite well. I can see these with a great faux leather midi skirt or cropped cigarette pants. Available also in a steel grey color, they are on sale at Nordstrom for $70.
5. Pleated Midi Skirt – Summer is great for serving a lot of leg in minis and shorts. Come fall, it’s nice to lower the hemlines and explore a midi style. This one falls right below the knee, and has a gorgeous leather inspired look to the fabric. I’m pretty sure adding this to your closet will be the smartest thing you will do this year. Pull it out 10 years later and thank yourself for buying such a classic piece. Available at Topshop for $110.
6. Chunky Knits – Cold weather and chunky knits. I’m pretty sure one cannot exist without the other. And this vest is a great way to ease into the season. Throw it on with a plaid shirt and jeans, or layer it over your favorite coat as the weather gets colder. The possibilities are endless. Available at Zara for $199.00.
7. Faux Leather – When faux leather looks this good, it’s hard to justify splurging on the real thing. Nothing is more classic for fall than wine colored anything, and these skinny faux leather looking jeans look stylish and versatile. Dress them up or dress them down, these are bound to be one of your most worn items all season. Available at Piperlime for $198.