The popular ingredient is produced from the kernels of the argan tree and is endemic to Morocco. Argan oil is said to possess both medicinal and cosmetic properties because it is rich in Vitamin E, Omega-6, essential fatty acids, and antioxidants and has great restorative properties.
Argan oil has been shown to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, strengthen elasticity and improve skin’s overall health and vitality. Extremely rich in Vitamin E and antioxidants, Argan oil has also been shown to fight free radicals, help reduce inflammation, minimize the appearance of wrinkles and assist in protecting the skin from environmental factors.
Whether browsing Sephora or your local Target, there’s no shortage of skin care, hair care, and cosmetic products containing Argan oil.
By now savvy makeup wearers have embraced the concept of primer, the key to flawless foundation application. Prep your skin with Josie Maran Argan Primer Mist. The stem-cell infused primer is all natural and somewhat revolutionary in its delivery system. The Argan Primer Mist, yes I said “mist”, sprays evenly onto the skin to naturally firm, nourish, and prep skin for foundation. The mist also works as a setting spray after makeup has been applied. ThisThatBeauty loves double duty beauty products!
Creme of Nature recently announced the launch of their Argan oil collection, the first line of mass retail products with Argan oil for multicultural hair. Creme of Nature with Argan oil boasts an innovative line of five, moisture-enriched shine products infused with Certified Organic Argan oil. The new products include:
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Intensive Conditioning Treatment Pack that strengthens, deeply infuses moisture, and prevents hair breakage
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Gloss & Shine Polisher to instantly impart radiant shine, seal in moisture, control frizz and leave hair silky smooth
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Foaming Wrap, a unique shine-enhancing foam that nourishes hair, and provides long-lasting hold while giving it a soft, silky feel
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Gloss & Shine Mist, a weightless mist that instantly shines, conditions and controls frizz and fly-aways
- Creme of Nature Argan Oil Replenishing Sheen Spray, a high-gloss sheen with advanced moisturizing properties and a light-weight, soft finish.
Of the newly launched mass market hair care line, Shawn Tollerson, VP of Marketing says this:
“We are very excited to bring Creme of Nature with Argan oil with its shine and nutrient rich benefits to the multicultural marketplace. Finally, this new line offers Argan oil which is typically found in prestige products to the masses at an affordable price.”
If your hair is damaged, chemically-treated or excessively-curly, the Crème of Nature Argan Oil collection provides the hydration and radiant shine your hair deserves!
Kahina Giving Beauty is an organic skincare line that incorporates 100% organic Argan oil sourced from the women’s cooperatives of Morocco. Kahina products are formulated with organic ingredients whenever possible then manufactured in an eco-friendly, carbon neutral facility and packaged in recycled and recyclable materials. There are four products in the core line –
- Facial Cleanser
- Facial Lotion
- 100% Organic Argan Oil
- Eye Cream – A ThisThatBeauty fave! (more info below)
- Travel Basics kit – Includes mini versions of the Argan oil, cleanser and lotion
While the entire line is impressive, in my opinion the hero product of the line is the eye cream. Kahina Giving Beauty Eye Cream is a high performance eye cream that is formulated to firm and nourish the delicate eye contour area.
The cream contains 79% organic content and is richly textured with essential ingredients like natural botanicals, collagen-boosting peptides and soothing aloe vera leaf juice. Additionally, Kahina Eye Cream contains:
- Organic White and Green Tea Extracts – Studies have shown these anti-oxidant substances restore and build skin’s immune response at the cellular level, protecting skin from sun damage, wrinkling and discoloration.
- Sea Fennel Extract – Sourced from the North Atlantic rocky coastal cliffs, this hydrating and vitamin rich ingredient calms and protects skin with powerful antiseptic properties.
- Organic Acerola Extract – This potent, natural source of vitamin C inhibits melanin production, effectively brightening the skin and preventing mottling.
- Rhodiola Rosea Root Extract – This legendary Siberian herb has been linked with longevity and shown to reduce fat deposits, stimulate and boost cell metabolism.
- Maritime Pine Extract – This Mediterranean tree’s bark provides a natural defense system, protecting the skin from oxidative damage, fighting the degenerative process of aging and stimulating the biosynthesis and regenerative processes of skin tissue.
- Saccharomyces Cerevisiae Extract – This strain of yeast increases cellular oxygen consumption and energizes skin. Combined with Rhodiola Root Extract, it reduces the appearance of puffiness, strengthens and firms the skin and improves microcirculation.
Kahina’s social entrepreneur founder, Katharine L’Heureux, donates 25% of the profits back to the women of the Moroccan co-op who work to provide the Argan oil for Kahina.
After the successful launch of Bois D’Orange Reinvigorating Fresh Fragrant Water, Roger & Gallet have recently added a new product to its portfolio – Huile Sublime. If double duty beauty products float your boat, read on….This lightly textured dry oil is a multi-tasking product which is suitable for use on the face, body and in the hair. The zesty blend of mandarin, orange, bitter-orange essential oils, orange blossom, jasmine and Atlas cedar is certain to invigorate the senses.
Huile Sublime is made up of six active vegetable oils, including: Argan oil, known for its nourishing properties; almond oil, to soften the skin; camellia oil, to restore suppleness; macadamia oil, a nourishing ingredient; evening-primrose oil, to protect the skin; and sesame oil. The product also incorporates antioxidant vitamin E and orange essential oils.
Arganics hair care system is designed to help repair damaged hair. The new line of hair products feature an advanced blend of Moroccan Argan oil and extra virgin olive oil. The collection officially launches in the fall and will include:
- OutGel This! Styling Gel: A water-based, alcohol-free gel to give hair firm hold, control and shine
- OutMoist This! Oil Moisturizer Treatment: This lightweight treatment can be used daily to give hair body and shine
- OutTreat This! Hair & Scalp Gro Treatment: A protecting treatment product which can be applied before heat styling or used to protect against breakage and chemicals
- OutCleanse This! Infinite Moisturizing Shampoo: A cleansing and conditioning shampoo that promises to leave hair looking healthy
- OutReplenish This! Infinite Moisturizing Conditioner: This conditioner is said to penetrate deep into the hair shaft to reduce hair breakage
- OutPolish This! Polishing Hair Serum: Multifunctioning serum designed to protect, repair and give shine
- OutShine This! Sheen Conditioning Hair Spray: A lightweight, protecting spray for all hair types
- Double Conditioning & Moisturizing No-Lye Relaxer Kit: This product offers conditioning and moisturizing benefits during hair relaxing, and contains chelating rinse to reduce breakage
- OutStop This! Neutralizing & Clarifying Shampoo: Washes away all relaxer and caustic residue after relaxing
Don’t put away your SPF after Labor Day. Sun protection is a year round job. Laura Mercier Flawless Skin Day Crème SPF 15 utilizes the power of Argan oil with Deep Sea Water to boost skin’s hydration and improve moisture retention. Keep your skin protected from damaging UVA and UVB 365 days a year!
Argan Hair Serum from SulaNYC uses Argan oil to restore shine and add softness to hair. The product is recommended for hair that is dull and lifeless. Argan Hair Serum (which is safe for use on the body) restructures, heals and repairs hair that has been damaged by heat, coloring or aggressive styling. The powerful serum also protects against UV damage and helps to tame unruly frizz. Are your locks in need of a little SulaNYC TLC?