‘70s African style knot with futuristic elements
GET THE LOOK:
- Apply SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair Blow Out Cream to protect hair and add shine before drying.
- Using a paddle brush, dry hair brushing away from the face, towards the crown of the head.
- Massage SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé between hands and use to pull hair into a severe ponytail at the crown. Secure with an elastic.
- Once secured, spray SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser onto paddle brush and smooth the ponytail.
- Combine SheaMoisture Tahitian Noni & Monoi Smooth & Repair High Shine Glosser and SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curling Gel Soufflé in the palm of the hand and pull through the tail of the pony for intense shine and hold.
- Wrap wire around the base of the ponytail and manipulate so that the wire sits in the center of the tail, unseen.
- Twist the ponytail until it makes a tight rope with the wire in the center. Secure at the end with a small elastic.
- Still holding the roped hair, loop it back to the base of the head and secure with bobby pins. This will create a loop with the hair that points in a diagonal away from the head.
- Once firmly secured, twist the looped hair counterclockwise, creating a spiral effect.
- Slick back any loose hairs around the face with SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Edge Treatment.
- Finish by spraying SheaMoisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist for hold and hydration.
A BIT ABOUT HAIR AND SCALP HEALTH:
The hair from Tracy Reese is definitely on my list of top three styles from FW 15. I’m a topknot girl at heart, so this futuristic, 2.0 version of a topknot makes my heart skip a beat. However, the look also makes me pause just a bit because the ponytail hold is so taut…my edges cringed for these models. Hair loss due to excessive tension is real. And while it’s important to use proper product, as noted above, it’s also a good idea to nurture your hair from the inside. I’m currently on a Viviscal® routine (which I am quickly learning is a HUGE backstage secret amongst models) which involves taking Viviscal® Extra Strength Dietary Supplements twice a day. The tiny, easy-to-take (thank God!…no one likes horse pills) tablets help to restore hair loss, nourish thinning hair and promote healthy hair growth from within. In addition to tight hairstyles, hair loss can occur as a result of daily stress (Why hasn’t HE returned my phone call?! Wahhh!!) and hormonal changes (postpartum hair loss sucks). So for over overall hair and scalp health, a dietary supplement like Viviscal® Extra Strength Dietary Supplements is crucial. I don’t always eat with hair health in mind, so I love the idea of taking supplements that provide good-for-hair growth nutrients like Biotin, Vitamin C and Iron. Suddenly, I feel like I have all of my bases covered…