All good things must come to an end — knowing that, we’re still sad that summer is almost over (cringe!). The upside? Fall, along with one of our favorite fashion weeks, is almost here. Although we’re not completely ready to trade in our sundresses for sweaters, we’ve rounded up some of our top fashion favorites just in time to meet the changing autumn leaves, and prepare ourselves for crisper, cooler temperatures. Bring it on, September!
No staple signals the arrival of fall weather more than a trench coat. Not only will you look classically chic and stay warm while wearing one, as an added bonus, their accompanying belts will help to accentuate your waist.
One of the most versatile pieces to play with in next season’s wardrobe is undoubtedly the ankle bootie. With a wide variety of color options and heel heights, the possibilities are virtually endless. Style them with your favorite jean or skirt to pump up the volume on your outfit. Get even more on trend by adding suede or fringe.
Suede Dress & Skirt
We’re suckers for almost anything suede but go gaga for a great skirt or dress with suedes’ smoothe texture.
- Brown faux-suede split front pencil skirt, $64, us.riverisland.com
- H&M, Suede Dress – Taupe, $200, hm.com
Button Down Shirt
What do you do when you don’t feel like getting dressed? If you are anything like us, you’ll be reaching for an oversized button down shirt. Pair it with cropped or skinny denim and pointy toe flats or booties and you are good to go.
- Madewell Button Down Tunic Shirt, $82, madewell.com
- Oversized Long Line Shirt, Forever 21, $19.90, forever21.com
Autumn is the season that’s all about layering. How could you not want to throw a chunky cardigan over everything?
Channel your inner Kate Moss with a sleek skinny scarf. Tied in a bow on a collared shirt or wrapped around once with a white tee, it’s a fall necessity.
- Python Skinny Scarf, Henri Bendel, $78.00, henribendel.com
- High Street Solid Skinny Scarf, Free People, $14, freepeople.com
Wide Brimmed Hat
Hats are not just for bad hair days — wide brimmed hat adds just enough flare to your look. Throw in some fall hues and metal hardware for a major statement.
- Carina Felt Fedora, Ted Baker, $95, tedbaker.com
- Lola Ribbon Band Fedora Hat $24, BooHoo, boohoo.com
Wide Leg Trousers
The 70’s are so here and now and so are revamped wide leg, high waist trouser. Your wardrobe will thank you.
- High Waisted Crepe Wide Leg Trousers, $60.00, missguidedus.com
- Scarlet Flare Pant, Alice & Olivia $298, aliceandolivia.com
The bucket bag is the perfect complement to any outfit in almost any season – a simple, yet powerful essential.
- Premium Leather Bucket Bag, $105, Topshop.com
- Urban Outfitters Cooperative Structured Bucket Bag, $49, urbanoutfitters.com