At ThisThatBeauty we are nothing if not nail art fanatics, just check out our Mani of the Week features. And as our monthly nail art contributor, Ari put it in her latest nail art tutorial, Valentine’s Day is our “favorite nail art holiday.” So, when Jin Soon Choi, manicurist to the stars, whose work frequently appears in top glossy mags, shared her Valentine’s Day nail art with us naturally we had to share with you.
1. File and shape your nails in a natural square or roundish shape.
2. Apply a base coat like JINsoon Power Coat.
3. Apply a pink shade on the entire nail bed (here, Jin Soon gives you a sneak peek of Dolly Pink from her SS14 collection). Alternatively, you may try Teddy Girl from Butter London or Sephora Formula X in Potent.
4. Apply JINsoon Coral Peony on one side of the nail, covering about 3/4′s of the nail bed and ending in a subtle curve to create half of the heart shape. Then repeat on the other side, taking special care to intersect the two sides at the center of the nail.
5. Apply JINsoon Coquette on one side of the nail covering about half of the nail bed and ending in the same subtle curve as you did when applying the Coral Peony. Repeat on the other side, again taking special care to intersect the two sides at the center of the nail.
6. Finish with a high-shine top coat like JINsoon Top Gloss.
How beautiful and easy does this look? Show your nails some love this Valentine’s Day!