Designer: Jenny Packham
Stylist: Jeanie Syfu for TRESemme
Inspiration: The Jenny Packham Spring 2014 Collection is loosely influenced by the 70′s Australian cult classic, “Picnic At Hanging Rock,” a beautifully haunting story about a group of boarding school girls who are taken on a picnic to Hanging Rock, mysteriously wander off in a trance and disappear. (Sounds like Molly was involved.) To translate this into runway hair, Syfu fused bold 70′s waves with romantic texture and volume.
- Apply TRESemme Thermal Creations Mousse liberally and blow-dry with a Mason Pearson brush.
- Spray TRESemme Thermal Creations Curl Activator Spray (no jheri) on each section and curl hair with a smaller iron at nape, medium-sized barrel from the ears to crown and 1″ barrel iron on top.
- Once cooled, take pins out and tease hair from roots working your way down to ends to lift curls and create texture.
- Spray with TRESemme 24 Hour Body Finishing Spray for long-lasting volume and touchable hold.
- As a finishing touch, clamp a barrette above the temple to secure the style in place. Voila!
Manicurist: Gina Edwards for Essie
Inspiration: Mystical fantasy. A 1900s Edwardian era fairytale with a 70′s feel.
How To: You’ll need four Essie colors.
- Apply a coat of Eternal Optimist
- Tone it down by applying a coat of Allure (great layering tool).
- Next up: glitter! A Cut Above (pink glitter) is layered under Set in Stones (silver glitter). Starting at cuticle, the glitter is lightly dabbed so that there is a trickle down effect that slowly fades away.
Makeup Artist: Talia Shobrook for Laura Mercier
Inspiration: Combining a “flush of innocence with a hint of naughtiness,” the look is skin focused with a youthful, fresh, ethereal vibe. Glitter was again the focal point as it highlighted the model’s eyes.
- Prep the skin with Laura Mercier Foundation Primer, then apply Laura Mercier Creme Cheek Colour in Sunrise.
- Apply Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer – Oil Free Broad Spectrum SPF Sunscreen all over the face.
- Conceal minor skin imperfections using Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage.
- Apply Laura Mercier Foundation Primer – Radiance to the T-Zone.
- Dab lips with Laura Mercier Creme Smooth Lip Colour in Spiced Rose and Pink Blush.
- Apply a thick layer of Laura Mercier Caviar Stick Eye Colour in Sterling.
- Fill in your brows using Laura Mercier Eye Brow Pencil.
- Apply one swipe of Laura Mercier Full Blown Volume Lash Building Mascara, keeping the lashes very subtle.
Pro Tip For Using Glitter: To pick up errant glitter, use a clean mascara wand and press it down on skin. It will pick it right up!