Every month, the ThisThatBeauty Girls share their favorite beauty picks from the previous month. Today I share the products that kept me pretty for the month of January. . .
- Why I love it: I must say, I am having a major nail moment. Like I have always been into nails, but now I am REALLY into nails. Victoria’s Secret Beauty recently launched VS Makeup Nail Collection and the shades are absolutely gorgeous. “No Strings” a racy, deep, metallic blue, holds a special place in my heart. But the unsung here of the collection, and my personal favorite is — the 2-in-1 Base & Top Coat.
- Who it might work for and why: Girls, this stuff makes your nail polish bullet proof. And by bulletproof, I mean – your mani will go the distance and last longer than a few measly days.
- Bottom line: Try it and thank me later.
- Why I love it: Available is 16 tempting shades, COVERGIRL Queen Collection Gloss Balm applies like a nourishing lio treatment but delivers the color impact of a long wear lipstick. I’m currently hooked on Jammin Gem. . .also known as Janelle Monea’s signature shade. Yep, can’t tell me nothin’!
- Who it might work for and why: Any girl who wants to channel her inner Janelle Monea!
- Bottom line: I mean, who doesn’t wanna look as gorgeous as Janelle Monae?!
- Why I love it: Dry winter skin is anything but balanced. One minute it’s dry all over, and the next it’s dry around the eyes and nose, but oily every place else. Ugh! So when I learned of Lise Watier Prebiotic Micellar Water and it’s skin balancing properties (BioEcolia to preserve skin’s natural ecosystem & Teflose to prevent bacteria and reduce inflammation) I couldn’t wait to give it a try.
- Who it might work for and why: Anyone with imbalanced skin.
- Bottom line: Ladies, Lise Watier Prebiotic Micellar Water does for skin, what yogurt does for our lady parts. Get it? Good!
- Why I love it: Good God this one’s a keeper, girls! And don’t let the rich tone intimidate you. I apply in a slow build, starting at the outer cheeks…almost serving 90′s contour action, but much much softer. As to not overwhelm the face, I keep the color at the outer cheeks and avoid the apples.
- Who it might work for and why: Probably best for tan, olive, and deeper tones. Instead of popping the color on my apples, I apply NARS Light Reflecting Loose Setting Powder to the apples and slightly over 413 BLKR, and HONEY!! — it’s like a softly illuminated party on my cheeks.
- Bottom line: Try this! You simply must.
- Why I love it: It’s no surprise that I love my hair naturally curly one moment, and pin-straight the next. Hey, a girl likes a little variety. But the aforementioned variety comes at a cost – damage. And I’m sure “heat damage” is the first thing that comes to mind for most. But even when I wear my hair in its natural state, damage from pulling curly hair product through from root to tip, causes damage to the ends…the constant pulling sometimes wears my ends out. Luckily, I was introduced to L’OREAL Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm, an intense rinse out hair treatment that helps reconstruct and restore damaged hair. I’ve been deep conditioning with L’OREAL Total Repair 5 Damage Erasing Balm for a month now and my hair is oh so very happy!
- Who it might work for and why: Anyone looking to turn back time on unsightly damage.
- Bottom line: Oh, and it’s $6.99. There’s not too much to think about. Just buy it!
Leave a comment: What are your favorite beauty products of the moment?