As the official shoe of Summer is the sandal, the shoe of choice for this present crisp Fall weather is the ankle bootie. Some even make an appearance at mid calf, but there is no denying this fashionable choice for the ride into winter is the perfect transition footwear. Accessible at so many different price points and available in a range of choices that make it wearable with just about anything in your wardrobe – your beauty buys may have to take a momentary hiatus (albeit a quick moment) to allow for some bootie indulgence. Lucky for you, I have done some of the leg work (har, har) and pulled together a gem of a selection for your shopping pleasure. Get your bookmarks ready, you are going to want each and every one of these.
- B Brian Atwood Fragola Cap Toe Booties – I have two words for these boots – oxblood and cap toe. You. Are. Welcome. Could these be any more on trend? Pencil skirt and cashmere oversized sweater approved.
- KORS Michael Kors Chelsea Booties – The king of classic fashion and polished perfection hits a home run with this suede piece. Can you wear these everyday? Possibly. Should you wear these everyday? Definitely. Don’t forget to peep the snake print heel detail – “hate to see you go, love to watch you walk away”. Wear these for date night with some dark denim and sequined top or show off at the office in a knee length skirt and blazer.
- Rachel Roy Gillian Platform Booties – It’s not secret I adore a pointy toe. A pointy toe tipped with gold metal accents? Get in my wardrobe now. Keep it classy with a simple sheath dress or make it more edgy with leather leggings and a sharp blazer.
- Rebecca Minkoff Odette Wedge Booties – While I enjoy a stiletto as much as the next fashion lover, sometimes a wedge gives me a little more comfort without sacrificing the fierce. And with an extra pointy toe and leather ankle detail, fierceness abounds in this look. Throw on with a fitted t-neck jersey dress and statement necklace, and your weekly office to cocktails routine will thank you.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Lace Up Wedge Booties – With all this talk of sassy cocktails and chic pencil skirts, one might wonder if there is a heeled boot fabulous enough for Sunday errands or casual Fridays? Voila. Here it is. Rugged enough for some boyfriend jeans and a utility jacket, but yet still appropriate for an oversized sweater dress and thick socks. Dressing down but not giving up.
- Pour La Victoire Ravel Suede Booties – If you don’t love this boot for the inky black suede and accent heel, you will love these for the price. So affordable at under $300, your midi length skirt and silk blouse will be itching for such a pairing.
- Madewell The Chelsea Boot – A sister brand to J.Crew and uber-hot right now (did you see Solange Knowles on their newest catalogue? Awe. Some.), Madewell booties are a must have to round out the downtown hipster vibe that your wardrobe is craving. Keep hipster and carry on with some skinny jeans, a long cardigan and super huge scarf.
- KORS by Michael Kors Adele Flat Booties – A more refined take on a motorcycle boot, these look perfect when paired with girly dresses for that stark contrast – and then in winter top with a parka and cover your stems with tights.
- Sam Edelman Petty Suede Booties – Just because it is Fall does not mean light colors should be left behind, nor comfort. These boots would make the nicest friends with a gorgeous maxi skirt and fur vest, wouldn’t you agree? I thought you would.
Now that I have completely filled your virtual shopping cart with all necessary footwear, isn’t it time you pressed “buy” and make your closet happy?