More than two years ago, I went through the worst acne bout of my entire adult life. While I am affectionately known to be a bit of a Drama Queen, I exaggerate not when I say my skin was totally out of control. This was an incredibly frustrating phase of my life. By the time I figured out how to get the acne under control, I was left with dark, frightful, pigment marring spots all over my face. While clever skin mimicking concealers and foundations helped keep my dirty little secret, my nightly face wash revealed the horror beneath the guise.
In an effort to help others, I wrote an epic post on the topic of Hyper pigmentation…and later started a blog series titled, what else: Hyper pigmentation Series. In the series, I highlight the many products on the market designed to treat hyper pigmentation.
If you go back and read my inaugural hyper pigmentation post, you will note that Murad Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel was an integral part of my hyper pigmentation recovery routine. That stuff WORKS. PERIOD! Within 3-4 weeks of continued use, my spots diminished…A few more weeks later and, what spots? That stuff WORKS. PERIOD!
GIRRRRRRLS..and boys (like my beloved twitter Beauty Boy @calebjf) –
Hold the phone! Dr Murad has improved on perfection.
“Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum” fast tracks results in as little as one week. The next generation of Murad’s award-winning Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Gel is more advanced because it targets, treats and prevents future pigmentation. I have always said that Murad is the gold standard when it comes to spot lightening. The enhanced formulation is appropriate for all ethnicites and appropriate for a wide range of spots including: age spots, sun spots, freckles, post acne spots, and other unwanted pigmentation.
Key features (via Murad):
- Clinically proven to restore clarity and even skin tone by reducing the appearance of sun spots and age spots 33% in 1 week
- Hydroquinone fades dark spots, age spots and freckles, evening skin tone to reveal a clearer, brighter complexion
- Hexapeptide-2, an advanced skin lightening peptide, complements the results of Hydroquinone, helping block future damage by prohibiting pigment formation
- Glycolic Acid exfoliates to remove dead skin cells, helping the active ingredient penetrate quickly for faster results
- 88% of study participants saw a more even skin tone in 2 weeks
It is $60…and worth E-VE-RY penny!