Post and images by ThisThatBeauty Contributor, Nicole Marie Melton @NicoleMMelton
The hair created for the Elene Casis Fall 2011 collection was a balance of sleek and simple mixed with a touch of drama. The loose bun created by lead hairstylist Amit Abraham was a direct reflection of the designer’s contrasting clothing. “When I looked at Elene’s collection, what I really liked was all the texture mixed with the softness of the fabrics that she used,” said Amit. “The details of the clothing are what inspired the back of the hair.
To recreate this look, Amit gave us his step-by-step tips.
1. First prep the hair using L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium 2 spray.
2. Make a middle part and pull the hair into a low ponytail at the very nape of the neck.
3. Use a curling iron if necessary to create a little fluidity and wave to the hair.
4. Using small section, twist and pin into the bun piece by piece.
5. Finish with L’Oreal Professionnel Infinium 4 for a light control
Makeup for the Elene Cassis show mimicked the soft and natural rosy flush created by cold weather temperatures. Under eye concealer brightened and evened out the skin and was topped with Bobbi Brown liquid foundation to give a flawless and dewy finish. The Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick was used to create a nude lip and topped with crystal clear lip gloss. There is no color on the eye, only a base color to match the skin tone. A little lip gloss was placed on the eyelids to give a really illuminating look. Lash Glamour mascara was used for a long, dramatic lash paired with strong black eyeliner.