Asked & Answered: My Current Hair Care Routine

Hey guys –

You’ve asked and now I’ve answered! I regularly get lots of questions on the blog, twitter, YouTube, and facebook about my hair care routine….so I finally sat down and did a little video for you guys..

Here’s my hair inspiration:

I will also share with you, pictures of my hair at various stages of “getting did”…LOL! Perhaps this will give you a better feel for my hair type, products, etc.

Please comment and let me know if this kind of video is helpful. I get lots of daily inquiries so i REALLY want to hear your thoughts in the comment section. Let me know what’s on your mind…c’mon guys!

xo Felicia

Basically, I call this picture: East Coast/ West Coast. — a nod to the old school east coast west coast rap battles. I say that because my crinkly roots and straight ends (from last relaxer touch up) create a rather interesting dynamic…one that I somehow manage to manage rather well.

Here’s my hair partially blow dried:

Here’s my hair one flat ironed…a luxury I indulge in about once every two weeks:

And here’s my step by step video on the products I use:

Remember, please leave me your thoughts. This post is a direct response to Y’ALL’s request…you know who “Y’ALL” are :)

Love you all!

Felicia

Felicia About Felicia

------------
Felicia Walker Benson is Editor in Chief for ThisThatBeauty and Social Media Beauty Editor at Bergdorf Goodman (her glorious day job!). For Felicia's complete bio, click on the "About Felicia" tab. Follow Felicia on Twitter @ThisThatBeauty

From time to time the good folks from various brands, PR companies, and marketing firms graciously provide product to ThisThatBeauty for editorial consideration. Much appreciated! However, ThisThatBeauty readers can take comfort in knowing that gratis product has never nor will it ever guarantee a mention on my little old blog. Simply put, I write about whatever I darn well please. Thank you very much!

For less sassy verbiage on how products make it to the prestigious pages of ThisThatBeauty, click the tab in the upper right hand corner labeled "Disclosure".

Comments

1. Chai says:

I loved the vid! The tips work great for ladies who are either relaxed or with natural hair…I think we often forget that healthy hair doesn’t just miraculously happen…it needs extra TLC, especially when there’s heat involved. Looking forward to more hair product reviews:)!

2. Felicia Felicia says:

Chai — Thank you for the thoughtful comment! I really want to try a new product line for this week’s wash but i LOVE my Joico sooo much. We’ll see:)

3. Melanie says:

pure and utterly gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing. I have been wanting so badly to try phytospecific relaxer. Tell me, do you apply it yourself? I have yet to find a salon that uses it. I know it’s about $60, which if applied on my own, would be even more economical than going to the salon. I live in North Jersey, so if you know of any place, let me know. Thanks so much
    Mel

4. Felicia Felicia says:

Melanie. Thank you! Yes, I apply it myself. I have also purchased at Sephora and taken it to my salon. Please keep me posted if you try it:)

5. Keisha says:

Thank you so much for sharing! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous and looks so healthy!

6. Nicole says:

Felicia,

Stumbled across your website and loved this post! I was wondering if you could do a post on hair extensions and I have heard from some that extensions can ruin your hair but your hair seems really healthy. Can you talk about what you did for Fashion Week?

And keept the posts coming!

7. Felicia Felicia says:

@Keisha – Thank you!

Trackbacks

1. [...] most of you know, I take my hair into my own hands – literally. When it comes to my precious tresses, I’m a DIY kind of girl. Approximately once per week I [...]

2. [...] Oh, yes! I generally find salons to be a huge waste of time. . . and money. Why? Well — apparently, my hair is the most complex hair type in the world. It’s true! I sit in the chair and instantly, highly-skilled, trained professionals are rendered clueless. Now I have enjoyed a few good experiences here & there (Phyto Universe/NYC is awesome — Ask for Ron…De Ja Vous/NYC does amaze blowouts — ask for David, Eli, or Ricky), but for the most part, I shy away from salons and do my own hair at home. [...]