Nelson Vercher’s hair design (for Phyto) at Costello Taglipietra‘s Spring/Summer 2011 is a modern twist on the chignon. The style revisits a time when women frequently wore hats. The chignon is usually worn at the back of the head, so, wearing one on the side of the head in the form of a little hat, brings this look into Spring Summer 2011.
Are you interested in recreating the look at home? Watch our behind the scenes video and follow the step by step guide below.
Step by Step
1. Start with clean dry hair. Back comb the entire head in sections using Phytovolume Actif volumizing spray to the root and a bit on the ends. This adds volume to the ends and texture to the roots.
2. Comb through hair and put it to the side into a ponytail. Ponytail should be placed a little above the left ear. The texture of the roots should be visible. Ensure hair is not too severely pulled back.
3. Tease ponytail and start forming the bun, flattening and pressing as you turn and pin.
4. Complete Hat Bun formation.
5. Use the palm of your hands to create wispy flyaways at the front of the head.
6. Spray Phytolaque Soie light hold hairspray to finish.
7. Be amazed at your ability. Enjoy!