Summer makeup generally points to light, airy, dewy looks. There’s generally the requisite bronzer and a collection of sheer shimmers…..and while the aforementioned color palette is beautiful (I for one am a fan), I don’t mind the occasional shot of summer makeup adrenaline. Fashion design duo Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana have created a high-fashion color palette for summer 2010 – The Midnight Bloom. Get ready because this bold, sultry and sensual collection is coming at you!
“Summer is when you need to focus on a very natural, seriously sensual beauty. With this collection, we also wanted to add some frisson, capture the dark side, so to speak; create a mood, a look that captures a late summer night’s magic,” says make-up artist Pat McGrath, who created the look. “It had to be all about the eyes; with these vivid blues and greens, the eyes are so deep – the ultimate sexy, extremely erotic, especially against the almost imperceptible yet radiant wide rose tones on the lips and the skin.”
- Luminous Cheek Colour: Blusher in 22 Tan
- The Eyeshadow Quad: Available in two new shades, 155 Fabulous and 150 Laguna
- Crayon Intense: New eyeliner in 8 Blue
- Shine Lipstick: Two new colours in 53 Delicate and 56 Emotion
- Lipgloss: New shade in 73 Delicious
- Intense Nail Lacquer: One new shade in 122 Shocking, a crimson pink