Today I continue the Hyperpigmentation Series with DERMAdoctor Immaculate Correction. The product name alone deserves a round of applause. Immaculate Correction is intended to treat Hyperpigmentation due to scarring, melasma, or photo damage. For those who prefer a hydroquinone free option, Immaculate Correction is a product worth your attention. The skin lightener eliminates unwanted pigmentation by targeting several points in the formation of the dark area. Immaculate Correction incorporates six key ingredients to target/treat blotchiness and uneven skin tone:
- Mitracarpus Scaber Extract – Similar to hydroquinone and similarly effective without the undesirable side effects
- Dithiaoctanediol – To prevent the formation of over production of melanin
- Gluconic Acid – To inhibit and regulate tyrosinase activity, preventing further abnormal pigment formation. Also aids enhanced cellular turnover
- Azelaic Acid – Works to lighten skin
- Suitilains – To help speed exfoliation and cell turnover
- Glucosamine and Urea – To firm and soften skin
Immaculate Correction is a stand alone product that is able to be worked into your current skin care regime. Most products in the “pigmentation issues” category require continued use to see results. Immaculate Correction recommends steady usage for 6 to 12 months (twice a day). And as with all skin lighteners, daily SPF is strongly encouraged.