Smashbox’s spring 2010 color collection, Heartbreaker, is a fun and flirty offering that is filled with bold and vibrant spring shades. This is precisely the energizing jolt of Spring makeup you seek after a cold dreary winter of subdued tones. Heartbreaker (which makes me hum this lil ditty by everyone’s favorite Meltdown Diva) embodies trends and looks that I wholeheartedly welcome when the weather breaks. Spring time encourages makeup risk taking….have at it with a pop of bursting color, soft washes of shimmery shades, slick lips, and flushed cheeks.
The collection flaunts a diverse color palette with a rich assortment of shades. Bright azure, mint, hot pink and deep violet colors balance out warm tones like chestnut, champagne and charcoal. Pinks, coral orange, berry and beige are main focus for plump kissable lips.
The full collection rundown:
- Eye Shadow Palette: Two new palettes featuring six shades: Hot Date (crème brulee, shimmering chestnut, champagne, shimmering azure, mint and taupe) and Kiss n’ Tell (ballet pink, hot pink, icy white, deep violet, charcoal and peony)
- Fusion Soft Lights: A color wheel of shimmering powders arriving in pinks and neutrals in one shade suits all, Baked Starlight
- Liquid Liner Pen: Liquid eyeliner pen in Jet Black
- Lip Shine: Two new lip formulations in Berry Hot, a berry pink and Melon-Drama, a coral orange
- Roller Gloss: A new roll-on lip gloss in Pink Sugar, a glittery pale pink
This collection screams “spring makeup investment”, so start stacking your chips. Heartbreaker is money well spent, for reals.