The initials LBD have taken on a whole new meaning for moi. Stila Smudge Pot in Little Black Dress is my current simple smokey eye crush du jour! This adorable little pot of black and purple sparkly lovin’ makes the world go ’round. I don’t know about you but I love effortless looks that make me the belle of the ball. I simply adore when everyone gushes over how gorg my eye makeup game is:
“love the look, I could never pull that off”"
And on the inside I’m thinking “if they only knew I pulled off this lil diddy in the time it takes to lace a shoe”.
Well today my lovelies, my Stila Little Black Dress Simple Smokey Eye secret is yours for the taking. You know I loves to share. No holding out here. No ma’am! OK, so it goes a lil something like this:
For super intense smokey eye with more black than purple, follow steps 1-4.
For a rockin’ smokey eye that’s more purple than black, simple omit my reference to black eyeliner in the steps below:
1: Base your lower lid and upper/lower waterline with a creamy super black eye liner. My choice is MAC Feline
2. Using a smudger brush (or your finger), smudge the base you just created
3. Using a synthetic brush (or your finger), apply Stila Little Black Dress all over the black eyeliner base on lower lid as well as across the lower lashline.
4. Using a soft crease brush, apply a neutral shadow or powder foundation into the crease. I use MAC Mineralize Skin Finish in Dark
5. Apply mascara to upper/ lower lash line
6. Groom brows as you see fit. I opted to not do a brow highlight for this look…after all, its a “simple” smokey eye
So what do y’all think? Is this simple smokey eye super simple or what? Just add a nude glossy lip and you’re good to go!